09 10

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Creating Success Around the World - Emeline from singapore

Welcome to


Creating Success Around the World. The worldwide blog hop tour, that introduces you to creative people from all corners of the globe.  







 
 
Every Wednesday our hosts will introduce some inspiring creativity from their corner of the world.


Here's the hosts. Click on the buttons to visit them and see who they are featuring this week.







Jill in Australasia
Jill in Australasia
Daffy in Asia
Daffy in Asia
Introducing this week's guest from Singapore - Emeline Seet











Hello Emeline, It's good to have you here with us today! Tell us something about you and your country

My name is Emeline a paper crafter and related craft educationist living in Singapore. A sunny island in South East Asia, where it is Summer all year round.
I have been crafting more than 8 years ago after the birth of our first child. Like most hobbyist who attempts scrapbooking, I started out documenting and celebrating milestones in pictures. I knew I needed something more colorful and interesting besides taking photos and 
writing important dates. I started out first dabbling with digital scrapbooking and progressed to paper and glue - I am totally hooked. 
I conduct workshops locally at my craft store (Made With Love, Singapore) and occasionally travel overseas for scrapbook workshop assignments. I have been blessed to have been invited to present workshops in Malaysia, Indonesia and had requests in Brazil, Brunei and the US. 
To date, I am privileged to have been part of several popular scrapbooking manufacturers like Prima, Melissa Frances, Webster Pages, Glitz Design and am happy to still remain as an 
ambassador for some of them. 

 What do you create? 
From scrapbook layouts, albums, mini tag books, tags, altered items, mixed media pieces etc. Anything under the sun, I like to be adventurous and create with and using new products
and mediums. 


 Why do you create?
It is easy to say I create because it is my hobby, I like to be surrounded by beautiful and appealing products. In a deeper sense, I create for a sense of "being". I use my creative time to unwind, to relax and to find myself. It is an essential part of being me :) 
Besides that, I create to promote my manufacturer's products and create for classes and workshops. 



 
Do you sell your creations? If so, how? Where? And is it profitable?
Yes I do. Occasionally, unpon request and availability of time, I accept local customized orders for weddings and other important events. Most of my corporate and individual clients get in touch with me via email (emelineseet@yahoo.com) , inform me their request and give me complete regin over the projects in hand. It could be for a wedding reception, wedding guest book, proposal, retirement gift etc. 
Is it profitable? Well, to be honest, not exactly. In the first place, you cannot truly quantify time and effort. 

What mistakes have you made or lessons you have learned in your crafting?
I am a firm believer there is no right and wrong in this craft. It is purely paper and glue ! :) If you really 'think' there is a mistake on your project, just take another element and cover it up. 
Just kidding. But seriously, I've learned not to sweat too much in this craft. It is supposed to help you make something meaningful and feel happy about it. 


What, to you is success? Have you achieved it yet, or are you on your way towards success?
Personally, I do not like to think success and paper crafting goes hand in hand. Unless one is a manufacturer , that is a different story.  As a paper crafter (a hobbyist to put it in a simplified form) my ultimate goal is to create something I like and something which will be treasured, cherished and put a smile on someone's face. 
Based on my own definition of success in this context, then yes, I think i am on my way to success.



So what's next?

A few classes in the pipe line and hopefully, continue to share my love for this craft near and far. 

Thanks for your lovely answers  Emeline   - and for sharing your beautiful work with us!

Do go and visit  http://scrapvilla.blogspot.in/ and check out more of her wonderful creations!

---------------------------------------------------------------------- 

If you would like to be featured in an interview - then please contact us!




2 comments:

  1. Emeline's papercrafting looks beautiful! And so interesting to hear her story! I'm off to have a browse around her blog now! Thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Singapore is one the most demanded tourist destinations of Asia, because the culture, tradition, environment and food and drink of the destination are unique, and give pleasure and peaceful to its travelers. One can really make their tour memorable for forever.

    Singapore holiday,
    Singapore tour,
    Singapore packages

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,I read and appreciate all feedback.